Monday, July 6, 2009

"cool!!"






The Story:






We had our pool put in about three years ago and I have to say it was a terrific investment. The boys are in it constantly during the summer. They swim morning, noon, and night. It is a wonder that they don't get sick of being waterlogged. Each year they all turn a golden brown as the make up games and contests in the water. They do not tire of it. As they grow up, I know their stongest memories of summers will center on that pool.






The Layout:






I used BoBunny Popsicle line for this layout. As soon as I saw the paper I envisioned this layout. I loved the feel of movement created by the waves, but I had a bit of a dilemma because I would have really liked to have had two sheets and the store only had one. After dealing with the disappointment I chose another paper in the same line to use as the background.



I precision cut the waves and used Stickles to glitter the white lines.



The lettering is from the same BoBunny line. At the last book club meeting one of the members shared some stickers that she used Glossy Accents on. They were adorable. I found some Glossy Accents in my stash that I had gotten at a crop and I didn't realize I had. I decided to break it out. I covered the lettering with Stickles and then used Glossy Accents over it.


The bubbles are tiny seed beads. I glued them into place and then put Glossy Accents over them to seal them into place. I am not sure how I feel about the bubbles. I think they are a little too much, but I'll learn to live with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment