Sunday, October 30, 2011

Yellow Envelope Mini - Album


I ran into my pal Connie at the scrapbook store yesterday and she showed me an adorable envelope album that she learned how to make recently.  I loved the concept because you can store additional photos in the envelopes.  I also thought it would be an easy project to teach.  My church's women's ministries is having a "Crafternoon" next weekend and I will be sharing about scrapbooking.  I had been formulating my project in my mind, but threw it out completely when I saw the envelope album.  This is my finished album, which I will probably give to my mom, since yellow is her favorite color.  The version I created for "Crafternoon" is three panels rather than five.

The envelopes are approximately 5 3/4" by 4 3/8".  The envelopes Connie used were larger.  The paper is by Authentique.  I purchased single pieces from the line at the scrapbook store.  It caught my eye because of the color, but also the paper is textured.  When I went to the fabric/ craft store to pick up some muslin, they had the same paper in a paper pad.  It wasn't textured, but there were a couple pieces that the scrapbook store didn't have.  They also had similar Authentique paper pads in pink and blue -- very cute!  The crocheted ribbon for the cover I bought at the fabric store too.  It happened to be sitting on the cut table when I was having the muslin cut. . . it was meant to be in this book!




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love what you did! Thanks to Gaye Smith who showed me how to do this! Did you have any trouble getting the ribbon slits
    made?? It was so good to see you yesterday! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete