Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Bright Eyes"


The Story:

The first thing most people notice about Alex are his huge, brown eyes. They catch attention in photographs. He can work those eyes through the full range of emotions: joy, despair, thoughtfulness, hilarity, fascination, irritation, indignation, peacefulness, . . . He's growing into them, but they will always be the trademark of a boy that I love with all my heart.

“I have looked into your eyes with my eyes. I have put my heart near your heart.”
-- Pope John XXIII


The Layout:

I bought some Sassafrass Lass Paper Whimsies awhile back and have been itching to use them. They form the border along the side and top. I love the Sassafrass Vintage Yummy line. The paper and embellishments are so cool and retro. Their ecclectic look grabs my attention whenever I spy it in the store.

I used some old We Are Memory Keepers brushed brass letters for the word "BRIGHT" and I just pulled a mix of smaller letters out of my stash for "EYES."


I stitched red embroidery floss around the layout to tie together the printed paper and the lettering.

The brads and buttons are from Pink Paislee and Sassafrass, but I also pulled some from stash.

1 comment:

  1. seriously amazing lo :) I have been eying those paper whimsy tags for a few weeks and now I need them! Alex's eye's are pretty amazing - great job capturing his spirit in the photo ..... After seeing ur wedding album in person.. I've had some time to absorb all the work you put into it.... !!!! WOW - It's really great! A treasure your friend will cherish for all times. I really love the circle page and the epoxy stickers in them. You are a very talented lady.... xo, anna

    ReplyDelete