Monday, July 18, 2011

The Butterfly Tray

I found this at the Goodwill:

It is a truly ugly (to the point of being almost creepy with the dead bugs) tray.  When I picked it up I was thinking of turning it into a picture frame.  I liked the round shape and the glass was intact, which was a plus.  I realized that if I flipped the backing over it created about a quarter inch space between it and the glass -- shadow box!

With some paint, a special photo, and embellishments, this is the result:

I used a photograph of my boys taken by my friend, Michele Hartman.  Check out her photography at http://michelehartmanphotography.com/

1 comment:

  1. so cool!! Your boys are so handsome. Your projects are such an inspiration....when I grow up, I wanna be just as creative as you!!!

    ReplyDelete