Friday, July 22, 2011

Elisa's Baby Shower: Nursery Letters and Baby Outfit with Flower Broach Wardrobe

Last night my AMAZING bunco group had a surprise baby shower for Elisa.  It was tricky, since it was her turn to host.  Guinn suggested we each made wall art letters in Elisa's nursery colors: black, white, and hot pink.  I made X, Y, and Z.  The completed alphabet was so beautiful!  I am so lucky to have so many fabulous and creative women to hang out with.

I had purchased this cute outfit for the baby a few weeks ago. 

It needed a little dressing up, so I made flowers (not my area of expertise, but I tried) to attach to the outfit.  Here's what I did:

I used about 18 - 20 inches of ribbon for each flower.  First, I made a running stitch about an 1/8 of an inch from the edge of the ribbon I was using.  Then, I pulled the thread to gather it. (This is a technique I learned on Pinterest!)  I glued each flower to a half-dollar sized circle of felt.

Next, I added a little button or bauble to the center of each.  I used buttons, a brad, an iron-on patch, and a metal embellishment.

After that, I glued a velcro dot to the back of each flower.
 
Last, I stitched a velcro dot to the outfit.  

Elisa can easily remove the flowers for washing.   Now the baby has a flower broach wardrobe!








P.S. Elisa was very surprised!  It was the MOST fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment