Monday, April 20, 2009

Aaron's Notebook Cover


Aaron is taking "Preparing for Adolescence" at church. It is a six week course that gives the sixth graders an introduction to the changes that they will be going through in their teen years. Parents take the class with the kids and it has been great, so far, at focusing our conversations.


I find myself slowly (and rather reluctantly) wrapping my brain around the fact that Aaron is going to junior high next year. I know every mother that goes before tells you don't blink an eye because it seems a moment and their childhood is gone. I am now that mother. The one who will tell you that the pre-teen years have come much to soon. (Pity Party over. . . for now.)


One of our assignments for our class this week was to make a cover for the notebook. Aaron and I picked out some Cosmo Cricket paper and I had a bunch of leftover embellishments, like stickers and accents that coordinated. Aaron picked out the ones he liked and decorated his cover. With so little paper, I am sure you would be surprised by how much glue he went through -- shocking!


I cut Aaron's name on my Cricut using my fancy new Sure Cuts A Lot program. I layered the letters over each other and staggered them before I cut. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sure Cuts A Lot! It has rocked my Cricut world! If you haven't heard of SCAL, it is computer software I picked up from eBay. It allows me to cut any (yes, any) true type font, including dingbats on my Cricut. No need to buy cartridges anymore, no need to change cartridges to cut different letter styles, AND you can turn text to cut 12 inches! I paid $58. If you buy it, I don't want to know if you pay less. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment