Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just, so Andrew!


My Andrew is so many things. I am not sure I know a more expressive personality. He has been fiercely independent since he got up and started walking at 9 months. He is who he is, so just deal with it already. I theorize that it could be that middle child thing -- sorry to you middle children -- he needs to be seen and heard. Over the years my photos of him are so "in the moment" and one doesn't ever have the same feel as the next. I love that kid! He colors our world in such a big way.


I shot the photos for this layout last summer -- ah, glorious summer! I had intended on scrapbooking them at Spooktacular, but got so caught up in the ATC fervor that I put them aside. Those of you who were there know I was into my ATC holder. For the last week I have been slowly getting ready for National Scrapbook Weekend -- okay, I can admit it, I was unpacking some of the stuff that has been sitting since Spooktacular. It was like Christmas! So it is actually a good thing that I never unpacked. I ran across these photos and they matched perfectly with paper I picked up at the store last weekend.


I actually picked up the yellow Chatterbox paper first. It is a sunny yellow and the circles are flocked. I matched it with two pieces from The Paper Company Studio - Celebration Line. The stripe has a bit of glitter on it and the green is called "Dotted Circle." I cut the lettering on my Cricut using the font "Socket." I love my Zip Dry, but I had a little trouble adhering to the flocked paper initially. I had to hold it down a bit and give it a chance to set. The heart charm I picked up somewhere and it was in my stash. I have been making a conscious and conscientious effort to use some of my stash and scraps lately because, you know, I bought it, I saved it -- I need to use it!

1 comment:

  1. KILLER - you have a blog... now I will check in all the time :) I'm blogging lots more than I facebook.... so stoked to see you LO's up close and personal - you are a GREAT storyteller too! I love your blog design.... where did you get it? SO - when the heck are we going to scrap together? let's set a date.. xo, anna (your number one fan - lol)

    ReplyDelete