Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Playlist Book

A few weeks ago I was cruising Ali Edwards' blog. (She is amazing!) She had an adorable layout with a "playlist" as the subject. The playlist was music on the ipod in her baby daughter's room.

I love my Nano and I have a serious iTunes habit. I decided to use Bisou paper and chipboard accents to make my own playlist book.


Cover: For the cover I used chipboard and I copied and pasted the album from iTunes into a grid. I printed it on photo paper and adhered it to the chipboard. I created a frame in Photoshop using some circle brushes that I downloaded for free from a website. I printed this on an overhead. I put a piece of vellum between the overhead and the album cover grid. (Since taking the photo I have colored in a few of the circles with permanent markers.)


Pages: Each of the pages is chipboard. I cut apart three different sheets of Bisou paper into different sized squares and rectangles. I pieced them together and glued them over the chipboard. I printed the playlist songs and the journaling about each song on vellum and glued another picture of the album cover next to each entry. (I thought that I could print new pages as my favorite music changes over time.)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I love the playlist idea! Song, Music its such a huge part of my life. There is a song for everything and no matter how I'm feeling. I'll find myself burst out a song out of no where. But...eventhough on lookers think I'm crazy(and hey, maybe they're right ;)) music makes me feel alive! And I'm so inspired by your portrayal of your love of music and what it means to you! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs, Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete